Vietnam visa requirements for Korean citizens
Under Vietnam visa exemption program, Korean citizens are allowed to visit Vietnam for 15 days without having to obtain a Vietnamese visa. In order to enter Vietnam, the Korean passport holders just need to hold a passport valid beyond your trip.
For Korean citizens who plan to stay in Vietnam longer than authorized period, you must apply for a visa for Vietnam prior to your arrival as per instruction below:
1. Fill out online visa application form
The form must be completed fully and accurately. Find instructions about how to fill out the visa application form here
2. Pay visa application fee
The fee can be paid either online with credit card or transferred via Western Union or bank. Read Vietnam visa cost
3. Receive visa approval letter in your email within 2 business days
Visa approval letter is issued by Immigration Department and valid for you to arrive in Vietnam without having physical visa on the passport
4. Pick up your visa at Vietnam’s airport
After landing at Vietnam's airport, you have to present the letter along with original passport, completed entry and exit form, 01 passport photo and stamping fee to get visa stamp at Vietnam’s airport.
- Vietnamese visa is valid from the proposed date of travel in application form, not from the issuance date of visa.
- Visa Vietnam can be issued for single or multiple entry.
- If you cross Vietnam boder by land or sea, please go directly to Vietnam Embassy in Korea to obtain a visa there. The instructions about getting visa Vietnam for Koreans at the embassy can be found here.