How to get a visa to Vietnam from Thailand
For Thailand passport holder, NO visa is required if you will stay in Vietnam for less than 30 days.
For those who are not a citizen of Thailand and not in the Vietnam visa exemption list or those Cambodia citizens who wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days, a valid Vietnam visa is required. But, how to get a visa to Vietnam from Thailand? The answer is so easy. There are two ways for you to get a visa to Vietnam from this country:
1. Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival at a lower cost (get visa stamped at Vietnam International Airports upon arrival)
Visa on arrival is beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies and do not wish to send their passports away by postal mail.
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
- No Passport sendoff required
- Price: at least 30% cheaper than the traditional way
- How it works? Access the website http://www.vietnamvisa-easy.com, fill out the secure online form, get your Visa Approval Letter via email in 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) or even 4 working hours (super urgent service), and take this letter + your passport + 2 photos + some dollars as stamping fee to get your visa at airport.
2. Get the entry visa at Vietnam Embassies:
You apply for Visa to Vietnam in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Embassy
- Processing time: 4 to 5 working days
- Your original passport required
See detailed contact of Vietnam Embassy in Thailand here.
- Before applying for the Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has minimum 6-month validity and left pages.
- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
For any further information, please kindly contact us. We are willing and pleased to assist you at our best!