Vietnam tourist visa for British citizens
British citizens holding a valid passport and planning to visit Vietnam for less than 15 days are not required to obtain a Vietnam tourist visa. However, if you are staying for an extended period or you would like to enter Vietnam second time within 30 days from the first visit, then the visa is needed.
Vietnam tourist visa for British citizens is valid up to 3 months counting from the date of travel put in the application. You can visit Vietnam any dates during period of visa validity but must leave before it expires. Overstaying has never been recommended. For those who schedule to visit Vietnam many times during 3 months, make sure you select multiple entry visa to avoid reapplying for each travel.
To make application easier for British travelers, the Vietnam government offers Visa On Arrival program which allows the travelers to pick up visa stamp directly on arrival at the airport. The most surprising that you need apply online in advance of journey to qualify for the visa on arrival. No prior application, no visa stamp available at the airport. Look at 3 steps below to see how to make an application online:
Step 1:Register for the online application by entering here to provide your personal, travel, and contact information.
Step 2: Make online payment with your credit or debit card. Bank transfer is also accepted. If you would like a receipt for your payment, please send request to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3:Receive visa approval letter and entry-exit form within 2 business days (normal processing) or on the same day of application (urgent processing). Read more at Urgent Vietnam visa on arrival. With the letter, you are good to fly to Vietnam and collect real visa at any of Vietnam’s international airports (Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh).
At the airport of arrival, you are requested to show:
• Original passport (minimum 6 months of validity)
• Visa approval
• Entry-exit form attached with 01 passport photo
• $25 stamping fee for single visas, or
• $50 stamping fee for multiple visa
The fee must be paid in cash with US. Dollar or VN dong currency so make sure you prepare the cash in advance. Otherwise, it will take hours for Immigration Officer to escort you to the ATM to withdraw the money.
Apply visa at Embassy/Consulate
Because the Vietnam Visa On Arrival is applicable for only arrivals by air, all British travelers entering Vietnam by bus or cruise must arrange the visa well at the Embassy of Vietnam in UK before reaching the border.
Documents required for tourist visa application
• Application form attached with 01 passport photo (find the form on website of embassy)
• Original passport (should have at least 6 months validity)
• Flight booking if you required 3 months visa
• Self-addressed envelope if you want the passport to be returned by post
The embassy may require supporting documents and will contact when necessary.
The applications can be filed in person or by post and email. If you use email, please send passport copy, application form (PDF file) and evidence of payment (transfer receipt, bank statement, screenshot ...)
Visa fees vary depending on length of stay and number of entries. There is no refund if your application is denied.
For regular cases, it takes 5 business days for embassy to issue the tourist visa. In the case of urgent travel, you can pay extra fee to receive the visa in 1 or 2 days. Please be aware of that the urgent service is not applicable for 3 months tourist visa.
Please share the article on social network if you find our information about Vietnam tourist visa for British citizens helpful. We highly appreciate when you do that. Should you need any assistance with visa for Vietnam, we are always willing to offer help.
- Vietnam tourist visa for Indian citizens
- Vietnam visa requirements for the British citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Russian citizens
- Vietnam visa for British citizens
- Fast and easy Vietnam visa for British citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Chinese citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens
- Get Vietnam tourist visa for Malaysian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Filipino citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for citizens in UK