Apply Vietnam tourist visa in Singapore
Passport holders of Singapore are exempted from Vietnam visa requirements for a visit of 30 days. If you are citizen of any other countries, please check whether you require a visa to Vietnam before starting apply for a Vietnam tourist visa in Singapore.
Once you have checked that you need a tourist visa, please determine how you will submit your application: either apply online through travel agents or apply on paper at local embassy.
To be eligible for online application, you must enter Vietnam by air and be in possession of passport that is valid for minimum 6 months from travel date. Electronic visa application is recommended because it’s cheap, quick, and straightforward. Especially, you can easily submit the application at any time with an internet connection.
Paper application is available for all citizens and all ports of entry (by land, air, sea). Despite of inconveniences such as complicated process, slow speed of processing, expensive service charge…, the embassy is always considered as a reliable place to apply for a tourist visa because it represents Vietnam Government.
Guide to apply online
Once you have decided to lodge visa application online, please follow 4 steps below:
· Complete the online visa application form, which will ask you for your full name, nationality, passport number, date of birth. Specify the type of visa for which you intend to apply and your intended date of travel and click on “submit”. Be sure you read the form carefully and check information twice before you send it off. If you find out any mistake later, please contact us instantly for help.
· Pay the processing fee with credit/debit card. This fee is refundable in case your application is not approved. If you refuse to make the payment, your application will be saved until you pay the fee.
· Receive the approval letter and entry and exit form in your email after 2 business days (normal process). With the letter, you are entitled to get on plane and pick up Vietnam visa on arrival at the airport
· Hand in the approval letter, completed entry and exit form, 01 passport photo, original passport and stamping fee ($45 for single visa, $65 for 1 month multiple visa, $95 for 3 month multiple visa) to Immigration Officer at visa on arrival counter to get visa stamped on the passport.
Note: the stamping fee must be paid by cash in USD or VND.
Guide to apply in person at Vietnam Embassy
Vietnam visa application submitted at the embassy must contain the following documents:
· Visa application form, completed and signed
· Original passport valid for at least 6 months and have minimum 02 empty pages left
· 01 passport photo taken within the last 6 months
· Vietnam visa fees
When do you expect to get the visa?
Usually, it takes 3 business days for embassy to make decision on your application.
Contact information of Vietnam Embassy in Singapore:
Address: 10 Leedon Park Singapore 267887
Office hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm from Monday to Friday