Vietnam visa for tourists
Vietnam tourist visa is one of 2 most popular types of visa in Vietnam. Its validity remains only 1 month. However, if the tourists would like to stay in Vietnam longer than this time, they can apply for a business visa of 3 month validity with the same procedure.
There are two types of tourist visa at present: Single and multiple. Single visa allows you to arrive and leave Vietnam only one time and multiple visa permits you to do that as many times as you want.
The foreign tourists have two options to obtain a tourist visa to Vietnam for your trips. They include:
1. Obtain tourist visa at Vietnam Embassy
Please remember to submit the following documents to apply at Vietnam Embassy:
- An application form (available at embassy)
- An valid passport with blank pages left
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Vietnam visa fee in cash
The visa fee and required time to process your Vietnam visa application is different among the embassies. Therefore, you should visit the website of Vietnam Embassy where you are going to apply to get the specific price.
2. Obtain tourist visa at the airport of arrival
This is a kind of visa that is available for visitors who take flight to Vietnam. Those who enter Vietnam by sea or land are not eligible for visa upon arrival. The procedure of a Vietnam visa on arrival comprises 4 easy steps:
- Fill out online application form on our site
- Make the full payment to get visa approval letter
- Receive visa on arrival issued by Vietnam Immigration Department
- Get visa stamp at one of 3 airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh)
The visa approval letter is normally processed within 2 working days. The time can be shortened into a few hours in case of emergency.
Tourist visa on arrival requires a passport with at least 6 month validity.
Should you have any concerns about Vietnam travel visa, please leave at the comment box below or contact us at any time via phone, email or chat.