Visa application for Vietnam
All international visitors, unless exempted, need to apply for a visa before visiting Vietnam for business or pleasure. In a bid to attract more and more visitors to Vietnam, Vietnam Government has offered 2 options for Vietnam visa application.
1. Apply for Vietnam visa at the embassy
Requirements may be slight various among embassies but generally you will be requested to submit the following materials:
- Visa application form (available at the embassies)
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months prior to date of travel
- 01 recent color passport photo (glued to the application form)
- Vietnam visa fee (various embassy by embassy)
The average processing time is 3 business days after the date of visa submission. Some embassies may require 5 business days but they offer expedited process on request.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival on this site
If Vietnam Embassy is not located in your country or you simply don’t want to send off the passport for visa processing, 4 steps below will show you how to collect Vietnam visa on arrival at the airport in a few minutes only:
- Complete the online visa application form on this site
- Pay visa application fee either with credit/debit card or with cash
- Receive visa approval letter in your email after 2 business days (normal process), 1 business day (urgent process) or a few hours (super-urgent process)
- Present the letter to board the plane and get visa stamped onto the passport and pick up the visa
Remember: only air travelers are eligible to apply online for Vietnam visa on arrival.
Please share the article to others on social network if you find it practical and helpful. Should you need a help or have questions about visa to Vietnam, we’re willing to give support via phone, email or skype.