Tourist visa to Vietnam
Tourist visa to Vietnam, one of the two most popular kinds of Vietnamese visa at present, is valid for one month only. However, it could be extended if the tourists would like to stay longer. Alternatively, you could apply for a business visa for Vietnam whose validity lasts for 3 months. No matter what your purpose to Vietnam is, for vacation or business, you are totally able to apply for Vietnam tourists visa or business visa as your wish.
Currently, there are two ways for visitors to obtain a Vietnamese travel visa:
1. Apply in person at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
This is the traditional way that is available for all kinds of tourists (by sea/by air/by land) to get a tourist visa to Vietnam. When applying at embassy of Vietnam, please remember to submit the documents as follows:
- An origin passport with blank pages left for visa stamp. Besides, the passport must have minimum 6 month validity since the date of arrival to Vietnam.
- An application form (download on the website of embassy or take it at Vietnam Embassy’s office)
- 2 passport photos including one photo glued on the application form
- Visa fee (in cash)
The processing time of Vietnam visa application is various among the embassies. Still, you may wait 3-5 days to get a travel visa. In order to know the specific fees, please contact to the embassy where you are going to submit application.
2. Apply online on this site
This is the new and convenient way as well. Yet, Vietnam visa on arrival only works well for visitors who travel to our country by air. Here are 4 steps to obtain visa to Vietnam at the airport of arrival:
- Fill out online visa application form with cautions
- Pay service fee to get visa approval letter that is issued by Immigration Department
- Receive visa approval letter within 2 working days
- Get a visa stamp from Immigration Officer at arrival airport
Note: Your passport need have 6 month validity remaining to get a travel visa on arrival. Please check your passport before applying to get away from troubles with the airlines. For more information about the cost, please visit here.