How to apply a visa for Vietnam
How to get a Vietnam visa is the question of all travellers who have never been to Vietnam before their first visit. Don’t worry, you are on the way to the answer.
There are many ways to enter Vietnam such as by sea, by land, by air. Yet, there are only 2 ways to apply a visa to Vietnam. You can either go to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country to apply a visa for Vietnam or ask for assistance from a travel agency to get a visa at the airport of arrival.
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
Generally, Vietnam Embassy/Consulate will request you to submit the following documents:
- Original passport (Valid at least 6 months)
- Application form (available on the website of office of embassy)
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Vietnam visa fee in cash (the fee is not the same between embassies)
Processing time to comple a Vietnam visa application: 3-5 days
Please go to Vietnam Embassies to find address of Vietnam Embassy in your country.
2. Apply online
To apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to satisfy 2 requirements: a valid passort for 6 months and you have to travel to Vietnam by air. The complete process of picking up visa at arrival airport involves 4 steps below:
- Click on “apply online” to fill out the application form
- Pay service fee with credit/debit card(See the specific price here)
- Get visa approval letter in your email within 2 working days
- Get a visa stamp at Vietnam’s airport (Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh)
- Visa for Vietnam on arrival is applicable for those who enter Vietnam by air only
- Renew your passport if it is going to expire in less than 6 months
- Check for error in the application form before submitting
- Check email regularly during process of visa approval letter to receive our notification emails.