To travel to Vietnam, most foreign nationals are required to have an entry visa. Currently, the travelers can look forward to a visa for Vietnam on arrival. To make it happen, a visa approval letter possessed by Vietnam Immigration Department is required. In this article, you will be provided with guidance on how to get a Vietnam visa on arrival. If you are seeking instructions to obtain the visa at embassy or consulate, kindly click here.
1. First of all, make sure that you require a visa to Vietnam
Passport holders from certain countries do not need a visa to enter Vietnam. Please enter here to check Vietnam visa requirement.
2. Find out what type of visa you need to apply for
Vietnam visa on arrival is divided into 4 types according to length of stay and number of entry. Knowing the visa type you need is essential:
• 01 month single visa: valid for 01 month and allows one single entry
• 01 month multiple visa: valid for 01 month and allows multiple entries
• 03 month single visa: valid for up to 03 month but allows only one single entry
• 03 month multiple visa: valid for up to 03 and allows multiples entries
3. Complete visa application form online
The visa form is available at this page. You are required to fill out your full name, passport number, date of birth, nationality, and intended travel date. Once you completed the form, review it to check for accuracy before submitting. A confirmation email will be sent to your email after you submit the form.
4. Make payment for your Vietnam visa application
Use your credit or debit card to pay Vietnam visa cost. We also accept the payment made through Western Union or banks. Read payment guidelines for details about the payment options. Your application then will be forwarded to Vietnam Immigration Department for processing.
Note: if you skip the payment step, your Vietnam visa processing will be delayed until your full payment is verified.
5. Receive your visa approval letter
The approval letter can be issued as soon as you request. If you select the normal service, you will get the letter in your email after 2 business days (excluding weekend). For urgent cases, we can arrange the letter within one business day or one business hour. Read Urgent Vietnam visa on arrival for details.
Note: we sometimes put applicants into groups. Therefore, you may see name and passport details of some other people in your letter. If you wish to be issued private letter, please leave us a message while you submit the application.
6. Lastly, pick up your Vietnam visa on arrival
At landing visa counter of Vietnam’s airport, you are requested to present the following documents to get a visa for Vietnam on arrival:
• Vietnam visa approval letter
• Origin passport with at least 06 months of validity
• 01 passport photograph not older than 06 months
• Completed entry and exit form (download here)
When the stamping process is completed, your name will be called and you must pay stamping fee ($45 for 01 month and 03 month single entry visa, $65 for 01 month multiple visa, $95 for 03 month multiple visa) to get the passport back. Please note that the fee must be paid in cash. Only US.Dollar and VN Dong are accepted.
If you have any questions about visa for Vietnam after reading our post, kindly contact us anytime via email, phone or skype. We promise to get back to you very soon.