Visa for Vietnam by sea
Nowadays, many visitors like to come to Vietnam on luxury cruises. Sea entry must be more wonderful than air entry but getting a visa for Vietnam by sea is a little bit complicated.
For people who travel to Vietnam on a cruise, you have only one way to obtain a visa to Vietnam. That is applying in person at Embassy of Vietnam. Generally, you are requested to provide the following documents:
- An original passport with blank pages for visa stamp. The passport must be valid for minimum 6 months from the date of entry to Vietnam.
- An completed application form (download on the website of embassy or get from office of embassy)
- 2 passport photos taken not more than one year ago (one is attached firmly on the application form)
- Vietnam visa fee (in cash)
On special case, the Vietnam Embassy may contact you to request for supporting documents. However, do not submit further papers unless you are asked to.
Things to remember:
- The process to complete your Vietnam visa application is different among the embassies. Still, the maximum is 5 working days.
- Each Vietnam Embassy offers a different fee. You should contact directly to the embassy to get details about the fee.
- The embassies close on Saturday, Sunday and national holidays
- Some Vietnam embassies accept postal application
The list of Vietnam Embassies in over the world is avalable here.
Should you require more Vietnam visa information, please read other articles below.