Vietnamese visa for South Africans
Any applicants from South Africa have 2 options to obtain visa to Vietnam:
- Collect at the embassy (Apply in person)
- Pick up at arrival airport (Apply online)
1. Apply in person at Vietnam Embassy: available for all kinds of entry: air, land and sea
In order to obtain Vietnam visa from the embassy, the South African citizens must submit:
- Application form (available on website of embassy)
- Origin passport (at least 6-month validity left)
- Passport-sized photo
- Vietnam visa fee (contact directly to the embassy for details)
After 3-5 working days since the date you submit Vietnam visa application, the embassy will return the passport to you with visa stamp on it. It is recommended that you should review the visa and notify the embassy immediately if any error is found.
How to contact with the embassy?
Address: 87 Brooks Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa.
Tel: + 27 (0)12 362 8119 và + 27 (0)12 362 8118
Fax: + 27 (0)12 362 8115
Email: [email protected]
2. Apply online Vietnam visa on arrival: available only for air entry
Vietnam visa on arrival includes 2 processes:
- Process to get visa approval letter: you complete an online application form, pay service fee online and then receive visa approval letter by Immigration Department within 2 working days
- Process to get visa stamp: you show the letter to get on board. At arrival airport, present it again with origin passport, completed entry and exit form attached with a passport-sized photo and stamping fee to get visa stamp from Vietnam Immigration Officer.
For detailed information about service fee and stamping fee for South African passport holders, please read this article
In case you want to shorten processing time of visa approval letter, please use our fast track Vietnam visa service.