Vietnam visa on arrival by land from Cambodia
Vietnam visa on arrival is an alternative of getting entry visa for visitors who travel to Vietnam by air only. Therefore, it can't be issue at land port of entry. However, there is a good place in Cambodia that foreigners could obtain a visa to Vietnam easily for overland travel. That is:
Vietnam Embassy in Cambodia
No. 436 Monivong Blvd., Khan Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh
Tel.: (855) 23 726 274/ 726 284
OFFICE HOURS: 08.30.hrs. – 11.30 hrs. and 14.30 hrs. – 17.00 hrs. (Monday-Friday)
A complete Vietnam visa application includes:
- An origin passport (the passport must not expire for at least 6 months from the date of entry to Vietnam)
- A completed visa application form (available at the embassy)
- A recent passport-sized photo
- Vietnam visa fee in cash
- For business visa, the applicants must obtain visa approval from Immigration Department through the sponsor of business partner in Vietnam. Contact the Consular office to get assistance if you do not have a sponsor.
Vietnam tourist visa could be issued within 1 hour if the applicant just stay in Vietnam for 14 days. For 1 month tourist visa, the process will take 1 working day. For regular case, the processing time is about 3-5 working days.
Vietnam visa fee: is not public on the website of the embasy. Therefore, you need contact the consular office to get specific fees.
- Check the visa after receving the passport back to ensure the accuracy of information on the visa.
- The visa is only required for Cambodian citizens who stay in Vietnam longer than 1 month or those who are not from countries in visa exemption list.
For those who travel to Vietnam by air from Cambodia, please register for visa online here