How to get a Vietnam visa for Spanish citizens
Good news for Spanish citizens wishing to travel to Vietnam. From 01st July, 2015 the visitors holding Spain passport are exempted a visa to Vietnam for less than 15 days. Vietnam visa for Spanish citizens is required when:
• They want an extended stay
• They want to return to Vietnam within 30 days since the previous visit under visa waiver program
How to get a Vietnam visa?
• Make sure your passport has at least 06 months validity. Many airlines don’t let you fly with a passport of less than 6 months validity regardless that you already got the visa stamp.
• Remember that purpose of your trip is not a concern. You are advised to select types of visa based on length of stay and number of entry.
• The visa application can be submitted up to 6 months in advance of the travel date. Your visa becomes effective from the intended arrival date in application, not from the visa issue date. And you can start the trip anytime you want as long as the visa is valid.
Whether you are seeking a Vietnam tourist visa or Vietnam business visa, both options below will be helpful:
1. Visit embassy
Step 1: Fill out visa application form available on website of Vietnam Embassy in Spain. Attach 01 passport photo to the form.
Step 2: Submit the completed application, original passport, copy of passport page containing personal date and visa fee at embassy. Remember your passport number to track the status of application. For application of business visa, you have to provide with a visa approval from Immigration Department. The approval must be obtained by your business partner in Vietnam.
Note: If you submit the application by mail, then a self-addressed return envelop must be enclosed.
Step 3: Collect the visa at embassy after 5 business days. Check for error on the visa before leaving the embassy. If there’s something wrong with it, immediately ask for the correction.
2. Apply online
Online application is popular among travelers today as it’s less time-consuming, less expensive but same validity. Nevertheless, only those flying to Vietnam can avail of it. Look at steps below and you will understand why it’s only available for arrival by air:
Step 1: Enter this page to complete application form online. If you need help with filling out the form, read instructions here.
Step 2: Pay Vietnam visa fee for your application with credit/debit card. After you finish the payment, an email will be delivered to confirm the application submission and inform the issue date of visa approval.
Step 3: Receive visa approval letter via email. The processing time is 2 business days for normal service and 1 day or a few hours for urgent service. Read more at Rush Visa Service
Step 4: Carry the letter of approval to airport and fly to Vietnam
Step 5: On arrival, please show your original passport, entry-exit form, 01 passport photo, visa approval to Immigration Officer. Find a seat and wait. When processing is completed, your name will be called and your passport will be held up over the window. Pay stamping fee (45 USD for single visas, 65 USD for 1 month multiple visa, 95 USD for 3 months multiple visa) by cash and receive the passport back.
Hopefully, you find our post interesting and helpful. IAny questions about Vietnam visa for Spanish citizens, please send to support email: [email protected] or skype: vietnamvisaeasy.