Vietnam visa for Indian citizens in 2014
The travelers of India have more than one option to get a visa to Vietnam in 2020. Read on to see what they are if you have an interest.
Electronic visa (also called e-visa)
Vietnam government started the e-visa program as of 2017 but it still seems new to some Indian travelers. Here are important notes about the e-visa that you should keep in mind.
Advantages: simple procedure, low price.
Link to apply: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. This is the only official government site built for the e-visa. The other websites are fake. All you have to do is completing the application form online, paying the fee. The Immigration Department will take care of the rest.
Disadvantages: The e-visa is available exclusively to the 1-month single tourist visa. The processing time is sometimes longer than scheduled. Besides, the visa letter is only valid at a certain port of entry you select when making the visa application. More importantly, the fee is non-refundable and you will not receive help for any errors on the visa.
Visa on arrival
Any Indian passport holders traveling to Vietnam by air can be granted a visa on arrival if they have an approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. The following are steps to obtain the approval online before the travel:
- Fill out the application form online at http://www.vietnamvis-easy.com/apply. For those who book a Vietnam business visa, kindly send the visa request via email with the attachment of your passport page and expected travel date.
- Make the payment with your credit or debit card (See Vietnam visa fee for Indian nationals)
- Download the visa approval sent to your email. The letter is good to use at every international airport in Vietnam. The change of arrival airport at the last minute will not affect the visa.
At the arrival airport, you are advised to present a passport, an entry/exit form, the visa approval, a passport-sized photo, and pay stamping fee to receive the visa stamp.
Advantages: Simple process, quick processing, affordable price, easy visa tracking, 24/7 support, refundable fee, available for both tourist and business visas valid for up to 3 months.
Disadvantages: Can't be used at land borders and seaports. However, it is possible to use at land borders for the visa run.
Visa at Vietnam embassy or consulate
There are two ways for Indian travelers to get a Vietnam visa at the embassy or consulate. You can either apply for an approval letter online through VietnamVisaEasy as per instruction above or apply directly at the embassy or consulate to receive a full visa stamp before the travel.
Requirements for a Vietnam tourist visa application for Indians at the embassy:
- Origin passport
- 02 passport-sized photos
- Application form (Available at the embassy office)
- Visa fees
After 5-7 processing days, you can come back to the embassy to get the passport with a visa attached to it.
Advantages: Can be used at all ports of entry
Disadvantages: Long processing, complicated procedure, expensive non-refundable fees.
If you require further information about Vietnam visa for Indian visitors in 2020, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
- New Vietnam visa fee for Indian citizens
- Vietnam visa online for Indian citizens
- Procedure of Vietnam visa for Indian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Indian citizens
- The best Vietnam visa for Indian citizens
- Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens
- Vietnam visa on arrival for US citizens
- Vietnam visa on arrival for Canadian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Russian citizens
- Vietnam visa on arrival 2014