How to get Vietnam tourist visa from New York
Vietnam welcomes foreign visitors with relatively relaxed visa procedures. The following are 2 options to get a Vietnam tourist visa in New York:
1. Submit application in person or by mail at Consulate of Vietnam,or
2. Obtain visa approval online through travel agent to be eligible for visa on arrival
Visa procedures at Consulate
You are allowed to submit application in person (prior appointment is not necessary) or by email. Yet, to avoid long queue at the consulate office, you are encouraged to mail application. The documents need to be submitted include:
· Original passport valid for at least 6 months to meet airlines’ requirements. If you wish not to send off the original passport, you may send the passport copy with a separate passport-sized photo instead. In this case, a loose leaf visa will be granted.
· A completed application form attached with 01 passport photo (click here to fill out the form)
· Appropriate visa fee: paid in the form of money order, cashier’s check, personal check payable to “the consulate of Vietnam in New York”. Cash is accepted for in-person applications.
· For the visa to be returned by mail, a prepaid returned envelope must be enclosed.
The standard processing takes 3-5 business days. For regular tourism and personal visits, application can be processed instantly and completed on the same day upon requested. The extra fee for expedited processing is needed.
Vietnam tourist visa on arrival
Before explaining how visa on arrival works, we would like to note that only travelers arriving by air are eligible for this program. If you intend to travel overland, the Vietnamese tourist visa must be well obtained through consulate in advance of the trip.
As you have read above, a visa approval letter will be required when you pick up visa stamp on arrival at the airport. Therefore, the first move to do is obtaining the letter.
How to apply for approval?
Step 1: Click on “Apply online” to complete the application form on line. Remember to check for accuracy of the form before sending.
Step 2: Use credit card to pay the application fee. (See details about the fees here)
Within 2 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) since the receipt of payment, you will receive the letter of approval with an entry-exit form via email. For urgent case, you can request fast track service for same-day letter. (Read more Rush Vietnam visa processing)
What you have to do on arrival?
When you get to Landing Visa Window at arrival airports (Hanoi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh), be prepared to present the followings:
· Original passport with at least 6 months validity. If there are no blank pages left, you will be issued a loose-leaf visa.
· Print copy of the approval letter
· Completed entry-exit form attached with 01 passport photo
Then sit down and let the officers do their job. When it’s done, your name will be called and your passport is held up at the window. You have to pay stamping fee ($45 for single visas, $65 for 1 month multiple visa, $95 for 3 months multiple visa) to get the passport back with a tourist visa stamp placed on it. Please do note that the fee must be paid in US. Dollar or VN. Dong. Only cash is accepted. Another thing to keep in mind is the visa approval can be used at all airports of Vietnam so there is no problem when you change the port of entry at last minute.
Hopefully, you find our post interesting and helpful. If you need to clarify anything about tourist visa for Vietnam from New York, just feel free to contact us anytime.
- Vietnam tourist visa for Russian citizens
- Vietnam Tourist Visa
- Vietnam tourist visa multiple entry
- Vietnam tourist visa at airport
- Tourist visa to Vietnam
- How to obtain Vietnam tourist visa in 2014
- Vietnam tourist visa on arrival
- Vietnam tourist visa application form
- Vietnam tourist visa by land
- Vietnam tourist visa for Indians