Vietnam tourist visa for citizens in Canberra
1/Apply through Vietnam Embassy
• Avoid queues on arrival and pass straight through immigration
• Time consuming
• Original passport: valid for at least 1 month after date of exit from Vietnam. If you are traveling by air, make sure your passport has 6 months validity remaining to meet requirements of the airlines.
• Application form: available for download from website of embassy. You’re requested to provide the date of entry and exit. If you apply for multiple entry, you must enter the date of first entry and date of last exit.
• 01 passport-sized photo: in color, full face, no hats, white background.
• A copy of air ticket (one-way or return): requested only for 3 months multiple visa
• Pre-addressed envelope: for return of passport and visa (requested for postal applications only). Keep the tracking numbers of sending and return envelopes to track your envelopes.
• Visa fee: paid by cash (if you apply in person), or money order, bank cheque or company check, payable to “the Embassy of Vietnam”. Only Australian dollars accepted. The visa fee starts from USD 75 for 1 month single tourist visa. Note: The fee is non-refundable in any cases.
When will you receive the visa?
Processing time for regular case is 3 business days. Normally, you will receive the visa within 1 week if applying by post. The expedited processing is available at extra cost.
If you apply in person, the tourist visa for Vietnam can be granted within 1 or 3 hours via express service.
It’s possible to change type of visa after issuance of the visa. The additional fee is required.
How to contact the embassy?
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Australia
Ardress: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley, ACT, 2606, Australia
Phone: (02) 6286 6059 (EXT: 101/102)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2/ Apply online and get visa on arrival
• Easy to apply at the comfort of your home at any time
• No documents required
• Low price
• Short processing time
• Applicable for arrivals by air only
• Slow on-arrival process (use stamping assistance to get visa stamped instantly)
How to apply?
Visit here to enter requested information. This page asks for bas identifying information such as full name, date of birth, passport number, gender and country of citizenship. Besides, you have to select length of stay and put on the intended date of arrival. Skip the question about exit date if you yet have plan for it.
For business visa, you will have to submit passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and make payment through the link provided. Please enter here for details about short-term and long-term Vietnam business visa.
Proceed payment on the next page. You can pay the fee either with credit/debit card or send money via Western Union or banks. The visa fee starts from USD 16 for 1 month single tourist visa to USD 45 for 3 months multiple tourist visa.
Receive the approval by Immigration Department via email on the same day (see Rush Visa Service) or within 48 business hours (excluding weekend and national holidays). Check for error (full name, birth date, passport number, entry date) carefully on the letter before arriving to Vietnam.
Fly to Vietnam. Move to checkpoint counter to complete stamping process. The documents are required include: origin passport, hard copy of visa approval, completed entry-exit form (is sent along with the approval when processing is completed) and 01 passport photo. The stamping fee is USD 25 (single entry) and USD 50 (multiple entry). Please be noted that the officer only receives cash. USD and VND are recommended.
Still have questions about getting Vietnam tourist visa in Canberra? Contact us now for help.
- Vietnam tourist visa for Indian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for British citizens
- Get Vietnam tourist visa for Malaysian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Filipino citizens
- Apply Vietnam tourist visa for UK citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa requirements for US citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for citizens in UK
- Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Chinese citizens
- Vietnam tourist visa for Russian citizens