Vietnam tourist visa requirements for US citizens
All citizens of United States wishing to enter Vietnam for pleasure are required a Vietnam tourist visa. Presently, the can be obtained by 2 different ways. Each way offers differen requirements. In order to know Vietnam visa requirements for US, please read information below:
1/ Vietnam Embassy in United States
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months prior to date of exit from Vietnam
- Application form (complete online on website of embassy and print out or download the form in pdf format to your computer to fill out)
- Prepaid return envelop (if you want to receive the passport back by post)
- Vietnam visa fee (must be in the form of MONEY ORDER, CASHIER’S CHECK, or COMPANY CHECK)
Upon receipt of Vietnam visa application, it will take 5 business days (normal service) or 1-2 business days (express service) to complete the process.
2/ Vietnam visa on arrival: only available for US citizens who enter Vietnam by air.
General requirements to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival for US citizens:
- Travel to Vietnam by air
- Hold a valid passport (at least 6-month validity)
Document required for tourist visa application submission: only one application form that is completed online
When your visa application form and payment are verified, we will arrange you a visa approval letter from Vietnam Immigration Department to get on plane and get visa stamp at the airport.
Stamping process at arrival airport will require you the following documents:
- Original passport
- Visa approval letter
- Completed entry and exit form
- 01 recent passport photo
- Stamping fee (USD 45 for single entry, USD 65 for 1 month multiple entry, USD 95 for 3 month multiple entry). Please keep in mind that the fee must be paid in cash either in USD or in VND.
Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance if you need advice on Vietnam visa requiremens for application of US passport. Our support team is available 24/7 when you need a help.