Vietnam tourist visa requirements for US passport holders
Vietnam is replete with beaches, islands and cuisine, making it a favorite among many travelers. To partake in the delights of the country, citizens of the United States must obtain a visa before visiting. Vietnam tourist visa permits you to remain in Vietnam for tourism-related activities for up to 90 days. If you plan to travel more than once, it’s advisable to opt for multiple-entry.
In the United States, you can apply for visa to Vietnam either via embassy or through travel agents like our company. Although we always recommend our visa service, as visa consultants, we think it’s necessary to explain visa procedure at embassy in case you love traditional ways.
Arrange Vietnam tourist visa from embassy/consulate
What to prepare?
· Original passport with minimum validity of 01 month after the date of exit from Vietnam. Though it’s better if your passport’s valid for no less than 6 months according to airlines’ requirements. In urgent case, you can submit passport copy instead to get a loose-leaf tourist visa.
· Completed visa application form (the form is available online here).
· 01 passport sized photo attached to the form. If you apply for a loose-leaf visa, 01 additional photo is required.
· Visa approval letter: you may apply for the visa approval on our site or the embassy will arrange it for you (processing fee required)
· Visa fee in money order, cashier’s check or company check payable to Vietnam Embassy
If you request the passport to be returned by mail, you need to enclose a prepaid return. Use United States Postal Service or Fedex label. One envelope can be used for a group of application.
Processing time: 5 business days for regular case and 1-2 business day(s) for urgent case (additional fee required).
· Keep the tracking numbers of the envelopes to and from the embassy to check with the mailing service after the above deadlines have passed.
· Do not make telephone inquiries on the status of application until after the first business day for expedited processing and third business day for standard processing.
· No mail can delivered to the embassy during weekends and public holidays.
How to make use of our online visa service?
If you are traveling by air then you are eligible for visa on arrival according to Vietnamese immigration regulations. To be granted a tourist Vietnam visa on arrival, the US citizens need to obtain visa approval online first. Here are 2 steps for you to do that:
Step 1: go to “apply online” and fill out the application form
Step 2: Use credit/debit card to pay the fee for application (See Vietnam visa cost)
Once you completed the step 2, we will send you a confirmation email and send your application to Immigration Department for processing. Within 2 business days, we will email you the visa approval with an entry-exit form. In case of emergency, you can request express processing to get the tourist visa approval on the same day. Read more at Urgent Vietnam visa on arrival.
So our job is done. Now you can pack your bag and ready to fly to Vietnam. Upon arrival, you should remember the followings:
· Present the approval letter, original passport, completed entry & exit form, 01 passport photo to get visa stamp with additional stamping fee ($45 for single visas, $65 for 1 month multiple visas, $95 for 3 months multiple visas)
· Stamping fee must be paid in US. Dollar or VN Dong. Only cash is accepted.
· The stamping process may be slow when there are several international flights landing at the same time. To receive support for urgent visa stamp, you could use our stamping assistance service.
If you have any questions about Vietnam visa for US tourists after reading this post, please do not hesitate to contact us at +84 966 53 93 63 or [email protected]. Our staff will support you instantly.