Visa for Vietnam in New York
Vietnam visa for US citizens now is available for one-year multiple type only. This new regulation has been in effect since September of 2016 allowing US passport holders to enter and exit Vietnam for tourist or business purpose several times during a year. The 30 day and 90 day visas are no longer options.
The only difference between the 1 year tourist visa and 1 year business visa is length of stay. For tourist visa, you are permitted to stay in Vietnam maximum 90 days each visit then you must leave for visa run. Meanwhile, business visa bearers can remain in Vietnam for the whole year until visa expires.
In New York, you are able to apply for the visa either at Vietnamese Embassy to receive visa before arrival or through a local travel agent for visa on arrival. Here are detailed instructions:
Apply at a Vietnamese Embassy
Contact details of Vietnamese embassy in New York:
Address: 866 UN Plaza, Suite 435, New York, N.Y. 10017, USA
Phone: (1212) 644 0594 Fax: (1212) 644 5732
Email: [email protected]
Required documents for a Vietnam visa application include:
- A valid origin passport: has at least 6 month validity.
- A completed application form: you can either download on the embassy’s website or get one when you come in person.
- A latest passport-sized photo with your straight face on white background.
- Prepaid return envelop if you want to get the passport back by post.
- Vietnam visa fee in cash: it costs around USD$200 for a 1-year multiple tourist visa, including stamping fee. But we recommend you to call the embassy in advance for exact information.
Processing time for normal service is 5 business days. A small fee is added if you would like to speed up process.
Apply for a Vietnam Visa on Arrival
To save money, time and energy, applying for a visa on arrival is the best choice for air travelers. In general, you will have a lot of benefits and the best of which are you don’t need to leave your passport for application. The procedure is pretty simple: you just need to fill the online form, pay fee and wait for the agent to deliver the approval letter. The detailed process is described below:
Step1. Complete online visa application form if you request a tourist visa or supply passport copy and extended travel date in case you need a Vietnam business visa.
Step2. Make payment with credit or debit card. Enter hereto check how much you need to pay for your application.
Step3. Receive visa approval letter after 2 processing days together with entry-exit form NA1 via email. Take time to check accuracy of the letter. Do not underestimate this step as it’s very necessary if you want to avoid last-minute problems.
Standard processing time for tourist visa is 2 business days; and for business visa is 3-7 business days. Read Rush Visa Service to know how to get the approval on the same day.
So your entry request got approved by Immigration. Use the approval to get on plane and show it again when you pick up visa on arrival. Other documents need to be presented at immigration counter include valid passport, completed entry-exit form, 01 passport sized photo and $135 stamping fee. Waiting time for visa stamp is determined by queue in front of the counter, normally 15-20 minutes. If you wish to obtain the stamp in the blink of an eye, it’s worth $22 to stamping assistance service.
Please do not hesitate to reach out for help if you have any questions about getting visa for Vietnam in New York. We are available 24/7 and happy to help.
- How to get Vietnam tourist visa from New York
- Vietnam visa types
- Vietnam Visa Exemption
- Vietnam Tourist Visa
- Vietnam Business Visa
- Vietnam immigration policy for Processing Vietnam visa
- Urgent Vietnam visa on arrival for Irish passport holders
- How to get urgent visa for Vietnam
- Vietnam tourist visa for Russian citizens
- List of countries cannot be supporting Vietnam visa online.