How to obtain Vietnam tourist visa
Vietnam is “S” shaped country not only famous for rich culture and history but also has unique landscapes that change dramatically from south to north. In order to enter Vietnam for sightseeing, the non-Vietnamese visitors must obtain a Vietnam tourist visa in advance. In this article, we’ll introduce you 2 options to get tourist visa to Vietnam from your home country.
1. Apply online through authorized travel agency
* How it works: register for Vietnamese travel visa online in advance and pick it up later at the airport upon arrival.
* Available for air travelers only
- Fill out visa application form electronically in this site
- Pay visa processing fee with credit/debit card through online payment gateway
- Obtain visa approval letter with entry and exit form by email after 2 business days or less
- Submit the letter of approval, completed entry and exit form, original passport, 01 standard photo and stamping fee (in cash) to get visa stamped at the airport and pick up the visa
* Fees: please enter this page to read details about processing fee and stamping fee for Vietnam visa on arrival
2. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
If you like the idea of getting tourist visa Vietnam before departure or not eligible for online Vietnam visa application, please prepare the following documents to obtain visa at the nearest Vietnam Embassy/Consulate:
- Original passport of minimum validity of 6 months prior to date of travel
- Visa application form (available at the embassy)
- 01 passport-sized photo recently taken
- Vietnam visa fee
Some embassies accept documents submitted by post. In that case, a prepaid return envelope must be accompanied with the application.
Processing time varies slightly among the embassies. Normally, it ranges from 3 to 5 business days. Express service is available for additional cost.
- Apply for the visa at least 2 weeks before intended date of travel to avoid unwanted problems.
- Always check for error on the visa application form before submitting and the visa after collecting.
Should you have any questions about visa for Vietnam, please leave on the comment box below or contact by phone, email or skype. We’ll reply immediately.