Requirements for Vietnam tourist visa
Vietnam has a lot to offer. Whether you are planning an adventures trip or a leisure holiday, it is a good destination for it. A tourist visa allows you to remain in Vietnam for up to 3 months to visit all attractions and partake in tourism activities.
Until July 1st 2015, Vietnam grants visa-free access to 21 countries of which 9 countries from Southeast Asia, 2 countries from Northeast Asia and the others from Europe. Citizens of these countries can travel
• The countries enjoy 30-day no-visa stay: Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore
• The countries enjoy 21-day no-visa stay: Philippines
• The countries enjoy 15-day no-visa stay: Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Russian, Sweden, Norway, Finland, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain
• The countries enjoy 15-day no-visa stay: Brunei, Myanmar
Citizens from 10 European exempt-countries must wait at least 30 days if wanting to visit Vietnam on VWP for the second time
In addition, the VWP allows all international visitors to explore Phu Quoc Island without a visa for no longer than 30 days. It also applies to foreigners or Vietnamese holding foreign passports who transit at Vietnam’s international airports or seaports on their way to Phu Quoc Island.
When do you need to apply for a tourist visa?
A Vietnam tourist visa is required in case citizens from exempt-countries want to stay longer than authorized period. The procedure of getting travel visa to Vietnam is very straightforward, especially when you apply online, which helps you avoid hassles with sending passport. You can create an online application right on our site by clicking on “Apply Online” and start filling out the form. After that, you need to pay appropriate processing visa fee with credit/debit card. Your application will be processed by Immigration Department on the day of submission and completed after 2 business days.
When your application is approved, you will receive a visa approval letter via email. This letter is valid from the proposed date of travel you submit in the application form until it expires. You can use it to pick up a tourist visa on arrival at all Vietnam’s international airports (Hanoi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh) but cannot use it for overland crossing.
Every airport in Vietnam has a Landing Visa Counter to process your visa stamp. You go there and submit the documents listed below to receive Vietnamese tourist visa on arrival:
• Printed visa approval letter
• Original passport with minimum 6 months of validity according to requirements of airlines
• Completed entry and exit form (download here. If you apply for the visa approval on our site, you will receive the letter and approval at the same time)
• 01 passport-sized photo
• Visa stamping fee (USD 45 for single entry visas, USD 65 for 1 month multiple visas and USD 95 for 3 month multiple visas). The fee must be paid by cash in American dollars or Vietnamese dong.
You plan to entering Vietnam overland? Refer to this page for guidance on getting tourist Vietnam visa from embassy/consulate
If you have any questions regarding Vietnam tourist visa requirements after reading this post, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.