How to get a Vietnam visa for land entry
Regrettably, Vietnam visa on arrival only works well with air travelers. As for those who visit Vietnam by road, we recommend you to apply in person at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate for your visa. Please read instructions below to see how to get a Vietnam visa for overland entry.
Normally, you have to go directly to Vietnam Embassy to submit application. However, several embassies allow to apply for a the visa by post. Therefore, the best way is to access the official website of the embassy to get specific information. The general Vietnam visa requirements at embassy include:
- A valid passport that has at least one blank page
- A completed application form (available on website or office of the embassy)
- A passport-sized photo to stick on the form
- Visa fee (in cash)
- Self-addressed return envelop if you wish your passport to be returned by post
- For business visa, you may be requested to provide a visa authorization issued by Immigration Department. Ask your partner or sponsor in Vietnam to arrange it for you. In case you have no partners, contact the embassy to receive the assistance.
The Vietnam visa application can’t be cancelled after being received by Vietnam Embassy/Consulare. You have to bear full responsibility for accuracy of information in the form. If the visa has any errors because of your incorrect information, you are required to pay extra fee for the remedy.
Please click on here to get contact information of embassies of Vietnam.
Shoud you have any questions about getting Vietnamese visa for overland entry, please feel free to contact us at email address [email protected] or skype: vietnamvisaeasy. Thank you very much!