Unlike obtaining many visas, the Indians don’t have to go to an embassy or consulate to apply for a visa for Vietnam. Though Vietnam embassy actually processes the visas, the Indian citizens can interact with travel agents to get visa approval letter which sufficient to board the plane and get physical Vietnam visa for Indians on arrival.
Vietnam visa approval can be used only at the airport. Therefore, the Indians must visit Vietnam by plane to be eligible for visa on arrival. All Indian visitors crossing border into Vietnam are required to obtain the visa at embassy or consulate before arriving at border.
Steps to obtain on arrival Vietnam visa for Indian citizens
1. Prior to travel date
To prepare for Vietnam visa on arrival, the Indian applicants must apply online for the visa approval letter at least 01 week before the journey to stay out of trouble at the airport. Here are 2 steps of getting letter of approval on our site:
· Complete visa application form online: fill in your full name, passport number, date of birth, nationality, travel date (intended date is acceptable), select type of visa, and processing time.
· Pay visa processing fee using credit or debit card. Otherwise, you can send money via Western Union or use bank transfer. Read payment guidelines.
After submitting the application form and payment, you check your email to read our confirmation email. If you do not receive the email, there is possibility that you provided us the wrong email address or the email was sent directly to spam folder.
Processing time: it normally takes 2 business days (including Saturday and Sunday) to issue the visa approval. You can get the letter earlier if selecting urgent Vietnam visa service. The approval letter is usually sent via email along with an entry-exit form, another document required for on arrival process. Once you received the letter, check it for accuracy and contact us as soon as possible if you catch a mistake.
2. On travel date
When checking-in flight, you will be asked to present the approval letter to board the plane. Show it to the airline and fly to Vietnam. At landing visa counter, the customs officer will request the following documents to put a visa stamp on your passport:
· Original passport (at least 06 months of validity is required)
· Completed entry-exit form
· Print copy of approval letter
· 01 passport-sized photo (taken within the past 06 months)
· Stamping fee (in cash, USD or VND): $45 for 01 month and 03 month single entry visa, $65 for 01 month multiple visa, $95 for 03 month multiple visa.
Then you can sit and wait for your name to be called. After receiving the passport back, you check the information on visa stamp carefully to make sure that there is no error on it.
The stamping process may take 15 minutes or longer if there are long queue of people doing on-arrival process at the same time. If you wish to pick up Vietnam visa on arrival within a few minutes, we are willing to provide you stamping assistance priced $22/person.
All of the above is information about on arrival Vietnam visa for Indian passport holders. If you want to read instructions to get Vietnam visa for Indians at embassy or consulate, please refer to this page.